Assistant Director, University of Texas, Austin, Aug 2017-May 2018
- Mentor first-time teachers of RHE 306 as a graduate TA of E398T
- Hold drop-in office hours for teachers of RHE 306 or 309.
- Assist office staff and department chair with administrative tasks, as needed.
- Maintain resource library and revise lower-division writing curriculum, as needed.
Podcast Writer. Humanities Media Project June 2017-Present
- Create short audio pieces on topics in philosophy, history, literature and popular culture for Humanities Minutes and Humaning, podcasts
- Produced by the Humanities Media Project at the University of Texas at Austin whose mission is to inspire interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the humanities by developing accessible and engaging media and events for audiences in Texas and beyond.
Freelance Educational Content Writer, contract, March 2017-present
- Write and research guides for educational content, particularly guides for literature for Barnes and Noble’s website Sparknotes.
- Complete work in timely fashion, meeting deadlines set by editor.
- Follow style guidelines set by different contracts.
Assistant Instructor, University of Texas, Austin, Aug 2016-May 2017
- Teach RHE 309K (Rhetoric of the iPhone), an elective writing course I designed to fufill undergraduate writing flag requirements.
- Design course content and lesson plans, grade assignments, and assign grades for approximately 25 students.- Integrate course into digital classroom and design course website (https://sites.dwrl.utexas.edu/barta).
Assistant Instructor, University of Texas, Austin, Aug 2015-Aug 2016
- Teach RHE 306 (Rhetoric and Writing), a course requirement for all undergraduates, Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer II 2016.
- Design course content and lesson plans, grade assignments, and assign nal grades for approximately 25 students.
- Selected for summer teaching funding.
Teaching Fellow, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, September 2014-May 2015
- Selected for teach First-Year-Writing Seminar, as instructor of record.
- Design course content and lesson plans, graded assignments, and assigned final grades for 15 first-year-students
Graduate marketing assistant and marketing manager, Boston College Arts Council, September 2014-May 2015
- Plan and execute the print and social media marketing campaign for the Spring Arts Festival (attendance: roughly 15,000, both from campus and the community. April 23-25, 2015).
- Managed the marketing team.
- Compile, edit, and proofed biannual print Arts Calendar. Highlighted arts events on campus as a community service.
Tutor, Connors Family Learning Center, Boston College September 2013-May 2015
- Tutored Writing, English as a Second Language, and Latin.
Community Leader & Community Leader Mentor, Baylor University Campus Living & Learning, Baylor University, August 2009-May 2012.
- Responsible for connecting a hallway of students from first-years to fourth-years to campus and local community.
- Equivalent to Resident Advisor & Senior Resident Advisor role
- preeminent student leadership role on campus, which required excellent teamwork skills, especially in problem-solving.